Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Disney Day 2

After a good night's sleep from our Disney Day 1, we woke up rarin' to go Saturday morning and decided to head to Epcot.  I had a few fast passes to use and we wanted to try the new Test Track and ride Soarin'.


Usually when we go to Epcot, we just ride rides in the "front" part and never venture to the countries.  This time, however, we went to Mexico and Norway!  There is a cute boatride through Mexico and a place to buy authentic items as you depart the ride.  Look at these beautiful boxes, piggy banks, etc.!


The detail is amazing and beautiful!
 It happened to be that Nolan's class was studying culture the week following our trip so I was able to send his teacher some photos of other cultures!

Earlier in the week, I was emailing with a friend of mine, Annie, and we figured out we were not only going to be at Disney at the same time, but the same parks at the same time AND we ended up at the same hotel!  Isn't THAT something?!?!  HA!  She and her husband have two little girls who are just precious.  We met them Saturday at Disney's Hollywood Studios (which I still call MGM) and we enjoyed a few rides together and the parade!

Annie had not yet ridden the Star Tours ride and my Nolan is a pro, so he and Mrs. Annie hauled off to ride that while I walked their youngest in her stroller for a nap.  We went our separate ways after a few minutes and then met back up for the parade!  The kids had a good time watching the parade together!
We actually saw some characters that we'd never seen before while at Disney and that was FUN!





After the parade, we left Hollywood Studios and after a few transportation changes (bus and boat) we went to eat at Fort Wilderness.  It was such a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the parks and just what the four of us needed !   After dinner, we moseyed back to our hotel and rested up for our last day of Disney....(coming tomorrow)

2 comments:

  1. The sombrero picture is my favorite :) It reminds me of Gus the Mexican at our first pumpkin party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to go to Epcot SO BAD! I haven't been in a very long time. I'm trying to convince Jamie to go so we can go "around-the-world". :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!