Monday, August 27, 2012

Family Vacation 2012 {Daytona Beach}

My family LOVES the beach!  (well, the boys and I love the beach, the hubby says he works in the heat every day so the beach is not his cup of tea)

This year was extra special because my brother and his girls were there all week!  It was so nice being with them for the whole week and just being able to hang out and do things together!  My boys and his girls get along SO well together and we all have a great time together.

My boys LOVE the hot tub at the beach.  I have NO idea how, in 100 degree heat, they can sit in that thing, but they are smiling and happy, so I let them. 

 They have really gotten into boogie-boarding the last few years.  I have to say though, this is the first year they have REALLY been brave and went pretty far out in the water.
 Hubby never comes the whole week with us, so I have to rely on my brother's help when it comes to the ocean.  As much as I love the beach, I hate the ocean.  Have you seen Jaws?  Yep.  That's why.  This is my  brother and Carter heading out to catch some waves.  I'm so thankful to have my brother's help!
 We have a shuffleboard court at the condo and my boys enjoy playing shuffleboard every single day while we're there!  Many times, it kept them occupied while we were grilling our dinner! 

 Speaking of food, we never lack any while we're on vacation. Whether staying in or eating out, there's always plenty of food!  HA!

 This is what Cecil gets when we are out at one of our favorite restaurants, Down The Hatch!  He loves crab legs!
 I always choose the coconut shrimp!
 This year, we tried a new to us restaurant.  The restaurant was very very casual--we're talking silverware in a paper wrapper at your table and they bring you sweet tea in a plastic pitcher casual.  WE LOVED IT!


The boys and I at Boondocks, while waiting on our dinner..... 



We always end our week with family pictures on the beach.  The one of our family wasn't the best in the world, but this one of the boys was PRICELESS !
We had such a good time this year.  We ate a lot, got lots of sun, and spent amazing time with  my family !!

2 comments:

  1. Boondocks looks like my kind of place :) We are SO the family needing the paper napkins and plastic pitchers these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last picture of the boys...that sparkle and mischief ...just like their Mama!! Love you gf!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!