Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Promise of a New Year

I love the promise of a new year—it’s a time of reflection, remembrance, and encouragement to make new goals.

Last year, I had some pretty lofty goals.  While it is discouraging to admit that I didn’t meet one of the goals, I did meet the others I set!  WHOO HOO!

The one I didn’t meet was running a 5K.  I got started training late and then had a few health problems sneak up on me.  Hopefully this year, I can train again and run a 5K, even if it’s not an “official” one.  I don’t care if it’s around my block or down the road, I’d like to be able to run 5K (and not die). HA!

This year, my goals are:

  • DE-STRESS.  I have to learn to let go of some things.  I’m under strict Dr’s orders to de stress.  The consequences are fatal.  I don’t have a choice.  I’ve made a decision that my house doesn’t have to be perfect and I don’t have to say “yes” to every invitation that comes along.  I’m going to enjoy my family and my friends. 
  • Blog more.  That being said, if it comes to a point where sitting down and carving out the time to do a post interrupts my family time, then the blogging will have to wait.
  • Lose weight.  This was one of my goals last year too.  I did lose weight, but certainly not enough.  It’s a lifelong battle I suppose.
  • Pay down more debt.  The hubs and I did SO GOOD last year with paying down serious debt!  We paid off 2 pieces of farm equipment and several other debts!  It was one of the best feelings on earth!
  • Organize the pictures on my computer.  I have thousands of pictures!  THOUSANDS.  I have GOT to get better about organizing them into folders and sub-folders.  I do back them up every so often (in case my hard drive crashes) but they definitely need to be thinned out and organized.
  • Coupon more.  YES!  I’m a couponer!  No, I don’t have 50 bottles of mustard in my pantry, but let me tell you, on the occasion that I have run out of something mid-dinner, it has been SO NICE to know that I have a back up in the pantry!  I just need to be better about cutting my coupons once a week rather than letting them pile up and such.

I think that should do it for my 2012 goals.  Here’s to a NEW YEAR full of promise.

~CB~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!