Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR....(Part 1)

....in the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!  D-I-S-N-E-Y 

We took a trip to the big DW (that's Disney World y'all) the first weekend in December.  It has been our tradition for the past 4 years or so to attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.  After our first year of enjoying it so much, we had a few add-ons the next year, and a few more the next.  Now it's my family of four, my brother in law and his wife, and my in-laws all attending the Party together.  Yes we compete with the Griswolds, why do you ask?  HA!

The Party is always a delight and the kids just LOVE it.  I'm so glad that not only my children, but my husband and his family love DISNEY.  We're a DISNEY family, that's for sure!  It's the best place on earth to get a nice break from reality!


This year, my brother in law and his wife brought her niece "D" along.  My boys and D get along great and it was fun to have a little girl along with us!  This is about the best picture of the three of them I got all weekend and don't you love it (read: HATE) when someone messes up the whole picture with bunny ears?  I can't stand it when people do that to others in pictures!  Anyhow--all the kids are smiling and having a good time and that (should be) what counts, right?

Before the big parade, we were able to ride a LOT of rides with hardly any wait times at all!  I think the longest we waited was maybe 5 or 10 minutes.  Disney even let the 3 kids ride by themselves (is that a word?) on the teacups!  I don't think they were supposed to but it's Disney....let 'em get away with it, right?  HA!
 Peter Pan is always a hit!
 Buzz Lightyear is a MUST for all families!


My kids both love the PeopleMover so we HAD to ride that at least twice during the trip.

Finally it was time for the parade!  We claimed our favorite spot in Frontierland and sent the guys to grab lots of hot chocolate and cookies!
As we all know, Disney DOES parades!  They have some of the best I've ever seen!



 These soldiers are always amazing!  We all love to watch them!
After the parade, it was time for some fireworks--and again, Disney DOES fireworks.  The best I've ever seen for sure! 
Nothing like watching fireworks through your children's eyes......

Our night ended with a bang and once again...a very successful trip to DISNEY for a most wonderful Merry Christmas Party!  But stay tuned!  There are 2 days left in the "Griswold" vacation!
~CB~

2 comments:

  1. I love the fireworks and the parades at Disney! Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that looked like so much fun. we've never been. shocking i know. we are not theme park people and now the girls are getting kind of big. not sure if they would find it as "magical". so jealous...you've been up close to TIM TEBOW. yikes...ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!